Food coloring is a coloring agent in food additives. There are different opinions in the industry regarding the comparison between natural pigments and synthetic pigments. The following is a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of natural pigments and synthetic pigments:
Advantages of natural pigments:
1. Most natural pigments come from plants and animals. Except for Garcinia, others are non-toxic to the human body. Natural colors are highly safe.
2. Most natural pigments have biological activity (such as β-carotene, VB2), so they also have nutritional fortification.
3. Natural pigments can better imitate the color of natural objects, and the color tone is more natural when coloring.
4. Some varieties have a special aromatic odor, which can be pleasant when added to food.
Disadvantages of natural colors:
1. The content of natural pigments is usually low, and the coloring power is worse than synthetic pigments.
2. The cost of natural pigments is higher.
3. Poor stability, some varieties have different colors and different PH values.
4. It is difficult to match any color tone.
5. In the process of processing and circulation, it is easily affected by external factors and is easily deteriorated.
6. Due to the influence of coexisting ingredients, some natural pigments will produce peculiar smell.
Advantages of synthetic pigments:
1. Low cost and low price.
2. Bright color and strong tinting power.
3. High stability, tasteless, tasteless, easy to dissolve and easy to color.
Disadvantages of synthetic pigments:
Synthetic pigments are mainly made of coal tar, and their chemical structure is an azo compound, which can be metabolized in the body to produce β-naphthylamine and α-amino-1-naphthol.
Nowadays, plant capsules have become the first choice for health care products. The most important reason for choosing it is that it is natural and harmless, and the plant source is safe and healthy. This fits in with the start-up concept of plant capsules. Although synthetic pigments will make capsules look brighter and brighter and cheaper, because people are more and more concerned about food safety and favor natural foods, natural pigments will eventually become people’s first choice.
Post time: Jun-16-2021